Data Scientist Intern (4 months)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Data Scientist Intern (4 months)
- Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type:Intern
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Internship
- Company:(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
- Req ID:335129BR
- Travel Required:No Travel
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 4-month work term commencing January 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Data Science Intern to come join and augment our Automation practice at IBM.
Our practice comprises mostly of front-end and back end software developers who specialize in automation. We leverage many IBM tools, platforms and assets to automate complex business processes while redesigning them to be more efficient.
As an Data Science automation intern, you'll be exposed to a wide spectrum of automation use cases which could benefit from ML and Deep Learning features. You'll have the opportunity to partake in large projects and produce MVPs to test various hypothesis.
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python or R , for ETL, NLP, feature extraction, classification use cases
- Experience utilizing SQL scripts/querying
- Practical experience with machine learning or deep learning framework an asset
- GitHub functionality and workflow experience/exposure
- Experience working on Iterative and Incremental development projects
- Exposure to Apache Spark, Hadoop and Public Cloud technologies
- Experience with big data processing tools like Spark and Hive
- Experience with simple data visualizations and presentations to stakeholders on analysis and recommendations
- Experience with data serialization (JSON, Avro, Parquet, ORC)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as IBM Cloud, AWS and Azure
- Familiarity with IBM Data Products
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together with our clients, we're using technologies like AI, cloud, blockchain & IoT to transform business, industries and the world. Let’s put smart ...