Front End Developer Intern (4 months)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Front End Developer Intern (4 months)
- Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type:Intern
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Internship
- Company:(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
- Req ID:335313BR
- Travel Required:No Travel
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Toronto, ON and is a 4-month work term commencing January 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
We are seeking coop students who will work with our mobile application development teams on innovative iOS, Android or web applications. The assigned student will be part of our team responsible for designing, developing, and implementing various digital applications for our clients in travel and transportation, financial services, and other industries.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
You have development experience with mobile native technologies, architecture, frameworks and APIs in one or more of the following platforms: iOS, Android or Hybrid:
Developer should have (General skills):
- You have experience developing rich mobile/web user interfaces, component and widgets
- You’re analytical and you have strong problem determination skills.
- You’re detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application design
- You’re a proven communicator and enjoy collaborating
- You take initiative, exhibit creative thinking, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience
- You have experience with several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Android frameworks using Java
- Familiarity with Android application signing process, Android Debug Bridge (ADB) and Android Developer Tools (ADT).
- Familiarity with Android Design Guidelines and Google Play requirements
Web Developer should have:
- You have development experience with hybrid technologies such as IBM MobileFirst (formerly Worklight), Apache Cordova
- Experience with J2EE Spring, REST APIs, IBM Bluemix or similar cloud development platform is a bonus
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together with our clients, we're using technologies like AI, cloud, blockchain & IoT to transform business, industries and the world. Let’s put smart ...