Alpha Dog Games
Halifax, NS, Canada
Alpha Dog Games is seeking a highly motivated Animator to create highly customizable and efficient rigs as well as animate creatures, humans, and environmental objects using the latest tools and technologies.
- Utilize the Unity engine to create high quality animation content
- Work with the animation team to animate a wide variety of characters, environmental objects, and creatures to the defined technical and artistic parameters
- Assist in the establishment, documentation, and maintenance of the animation pipeline
- Collaborate across teams to solve gameplay problems while maintaining artistic vision
- Consistently deliver animation content as outlined in the animation schedule
- Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration
- At least three years of experience in video game animation
- Experience with animation software such as Maya or 3ds Max
- Unity engine experience required
- Game industry experience, shipping at least one mobile or video game title required
- Ability to communicate effectively across teams to ensure the delivery of high quality in-game animation
- Ability to solve complex animation problems
- Exhibit strong sensibility for stylized subject matter
- Strong sense of timing and posing for action sequences
- Deep understanding of anatomy and human kinetics and fundamental animation principals
*Demo reel or portfolio website is required with submission*
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Arts, or 3D Design a plus
- Modeling and texturing skills a plus
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.