SAP iXp Intern - Agile Developer, HANA & Analytics (January 2021) Job
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Date: Oct 8, 2020
City: Vancouver, BC, CA, V6B 1A9
Requisition ID: 258594
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
ABOUT THE JOB
From the day you join, you will work with team members to find creative ways to develop and test features. You will also:
- Contribute to hands-on coding and design.
- Develop software end-to-end: elaborating requirements, coding features and automated tests, and troubleshooting and resolving production problems.
- Gain experience working on a codebase by figuring out and improving code.
- Embrace lean and agile software development principles.
- Develop, maintain and execute automated tests.
- Learn from others on the team through code reviews, sprint demos, knowledge sharing sessions and regular 1-on-1 coaching.
- Grow in leadership, presentation and other soft skills.
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: SAP iXp Intern, Agile Developer – HANA and Analytics (Early Admission for January 2021)
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: January 2021 - September 2021
Do you want to collaborate with a team to learn and contribute in solving complex problems? Would you like the opportunity to hone your skills while growing personally and professionally? Do you want to help us build our next generation cloud analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the stability of SAP?
We’re looking for someone who
- Enjoys working on meaningful projects and is energized by lifelong learning.
- Dreams big and has a passion for delivering reliable and well-tested software.
- Likes to work with a motivated team who strives for similar goals.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Currently registered in Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Possesses a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Strong motivation to learn, teach, and grow
- Critical thinker with a passion for customers, engineering, and product quality
- Willing to commit for 8 months internship starting Januay 2021 at our beautiful SAP Vancouver office location
SUCCESS AT SAP
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
At SAP, we’re huge believers in work-life balance. With us, you’ll find job flexibility and career coaching, without compromising any of your valuable time at home.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
- Discount programs (Venngo, Yaletown Restaurants)
- Free coffee and tea
- Free daily fruit
- Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
- Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: email@example.com, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Analytics, Developer, ERP, Intern, Engineer, Management, Technology, Entry Level, Engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.