Director of Finance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking for that perfect startup opp? Join a high growth, OMERS Ventures backed startup and work with brands like Dell, Cisco, Ceridian and Hootsuite. Our team has scaled AI technology from 0 to 100m users and businesses from 0 to $100m+.
Klue is BC Tech's Startup of the Year, one of BC's Ready to Rocket emerging tech companies, a Deloitte Fast 50 Company to Watch, a C100 48 Hours in the Valley Audience Choice Winner, a Top 20 CIX Canadian Innovator, the runner up in the Startup World Cup global championships held in San Francisco and one of 11 Canadian tech companies to watch in 2020 by Betakit.
What you can expect from Klue:
1. You'll have a voice, opinions aren’t just welcome, they're expected
2. You'll work with an experienced team, 100 years of combined biz + tech
3. You'll work on big problems, the kind 85m companies have
4. You'll get flexible vacation
5. You'll choose your own equipment
6. No politics, no posers: open, honest, I've-got-your-back environment
High Level Overview:
- This role is based out of our Vancouver HQ (not a remote opportunity)
- Reporting to the CEO, you will be the finance, accounting and to a lesser extent, operations function for Klue. This a ground floor role helping a venture backed startup elevate our Finance and Operations function.
- You’ve got a strong Finance and Accounting background, are detailed organized and like things in their place, and aren’t afraid to get your fingernails dirty operationally
- You like the early stage of tech startups, drawn to creating the financial and operational building blocks to scale from startup to public.
- You will need to be both tactical and strategic, responsible for forward looking financials, ensuring the day-to-day accounting is done accurately (supported by a bookkeeper), and all the operational aspects of running the business
- Board reports, accounting, tax, financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, budgeting, financial systems, insurance, payroll, remittances, rent, and office operations (supported by an office coordinator) through to debt financing and government support proposals
- Working in a fast-paced and complex environment, you will have the opportunity to fully create and manage the finance process
- Partner with the senior leadership team to enable the business to grow and scale
What you will do:
- Oversee one part time consultant for bookkeeping and office coordinator (future)
- Oversee all financial and management reporting
- Manage external auditors, the annual audit process, and external tax advisors
- Manage the preparation of tax returns to ensure that returns are filed accurately and within the filing deadlines
- Manage Fx, cash flow, debt, leverage and hedging strategies, transfer pricing and work with external advisors to prepare transfer pricing documentation
- Oversee and manage the annual budget process, quarterly re-forecasts, long-term financial modelling, and special financial modelling projects as required
- Review and implement process improvements and systems automation
- Manage the budgeting and reporting processes for government financing programs, including SRED calculations
- Manage insurance coverage and renewals, alarm and business/city permitting
- Operations, rental and office management (supported by office coordinator)
- Professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
- Experience working in a fast growing SaaS environment
- Ability to work both at a strategic level and at a hands-on preparation level
At Klue, we are building an environment where our employees feel included and heard. Diversity and inclusion are important to us and we strongly encourage applications from minorities, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We obsess about your competition so you don't have to.