Manager, Recruitment (12 month contract)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. This month we onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
In the last 2 years, we’ve hired 400 new Benchmates to join us on this incredible journey. Yes, you heard right, that’s not a typo. And, over the next 12 months, we expect to add an additional 100 new Benchmates to teams across our rapidly scaling business. As Recruitment Manager, you’ll lead a team of recruiters who have the ultimate responsibility for sourcing and hiring our brightest future talent.
Here are some of the things you’ll be getting up to:
- Own the strategic and operational outcomes of recruitment delivery: you manage, motivate, and coach a team of recruiters to ensure exceptional delivery of on-time and high-quality talent acquisition
- Workforce Planning: you work with speed and agility to ensure our overall business strategy is aligned with the recruitment strategy
- Talent pipeline: you understand the criticality of a healthy talent pipeline and take action to ensure that we’re always one sourcing step ahead of our hiring managers
- Own the Recruitment P&L: you understand how the Recruitment P&L impacts the People team and the company overall. You advocate for the resources you need to deliver exceptional results while maintaining a cash-conscious mindset
- Coaching: you’re experienced with ongoing mentorship and coaching of people with varying experiences. You’re fully dedicated to leveling up the Recruitment team to ensure we’re constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible
- You manage all executive-level recruitment (Director level and above)
Things that will ensure you thrive:
- 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role at a tech company, start-up, or in a rapidly moving and changing environment
- A people-centered approach: you understand that people are the key to everything. You’re collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions
- You get it and you live it: you’re known as someone who just “get’s it”. Not only do you deeply care about our mission to change the lives of a million small businesses, you inspire others to join us too!
- Startup hustle: you’re highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change, and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and you pitch in wherever you are needed most.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important, then zoom-in on the details to execute seamlessly
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Experience in building recruitment systems, including configuring and optimizing our application tracking system, Greenhouse
- Strong analytical skills: You have an analytical mind and are capable of identifying and creating data-centric opportunities in the recruitment process
The extra details:
- This is a 12-month maternity leave contract position
- This position offers an annual salary and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision
- Once safe to do, we'll return to work in our downtown Vancouver office. It's dog-friendly, close to lots of great restaurants, and easily accessible via transit. We pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench
- We’re open to fully remote for the right candidate
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.