Marketing Communications Manager - Knowledge Base
Kitchener, ON, Canada
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
ApplyBoard is looking for a talented writer, compelling storyteller, and exceptional communicator to join our Marketing Team as a Marketing Communications Manager - Knowledge Base. In this exciting new role, you’ll be responsible for leading the content creation and management of ApplyBoard’s customer-facing knowledge base including planning, writing, editing, and staging compelling content to educate our recruitment partners, partner schools, and students. If writing is your passion and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this role is for you!
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Team on strategy and development, leading to the successful launch of ApplyBoard’s new external knowledge base
- Lead the content development and execution strategy to populate the knowledge base with compelling content at launch
- Create and manage an evolving content calendar, prioritizing time-sensitive content and working under tight deadlines to publish information
- Develop compelling content based on a strong understanding of defined personas including students, partner schools, recruitment partners, and other stakeholders
- Personally write and edit multiple pieces of content for the knowledge base on a daily basis, while overseeing and editing content created by team members
- Constantly communicate with cross-functional team members to ensure that the content being produced matches the needs of other teams and is being utilized by other teams
- Actively review and update content to ensure that the knowledge base remains up-to-date and accurate
- Properly stage and publish content within the Zendesk Platform ensuring consistent formatting, layout, and visual appeal
- Work with Creative Team to develop and incorporate visuals and videos into content
- Provide leadership team with monthly reporting on content performance and make data-driven recommendations for improvement
- Assist with other tasks assigned
- A college degree or university diploma in communications, marketing, journalism, business, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience developing compelling content for a variety of mediums at a high-growth company preferably within the technology sector
- Exceptional communication skills including writing, editing, and proofreading
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to produce large amounts of high quality, engaging content
- Previous experience managing a small team in a high-performance environment
- Previous experience managing remote staff members
- Demonstrated experience with blog management, content creation, SEO, and reporting
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work well under pressure, while producing high-quality work
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of student’s lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.