Director, Software Development Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Software Development EngineeringAbout Ethoca
At Ethoca, you can join a team of top business and technology innovators who are transforming the industry. We are changing the payments landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and reduce costs. Our services allow customers to focus on what really matters - increasing sales and creating a great customer experience. Our relentless customer focus is what makes us an award-winning company.
We believe that when people come together, it unlocks potential. Our collaborative environment enables our teams to deliver and develop solutions that provide safety, security and convenience for our customers.
Ethoca is a place where risk-takers thrive, change makers excel, and innovators shape a better tomorrow. Innovation requires taking thoughtful risks and moving with speed and agility, so that’s what we do. We invite our employees to bring their hearts, minds and whole selves to work every day to push boundaries and dream up new possibilities. Let’s create new possibilities together.
Ethoca is seeking a Director of Technology Integration who will be responsible for driving the adaptation and integration of Ethoca’s products with external parties (merchants, issuers & acquirers), and Mastercard internal teams.
To ensure Mastercard’s standardization, compliance and technology roadmaps are met, this role is a key liaison between business teams responsible for products/vendors that connect to platforms and several cross-technology teams. Not only will the candidate need to understand the relevant technology stack, data, security & compliance requirements, but must also be able to build strong relationships across the organization. Understanding a range of systems, both Mastercard and vendor-based solutions along with their data needs will be crucial to creating solutions during integration. The candidate will be asked to participate in the design of new solutions to ensure Mastercard maintains, not only technology stack, data, standardization & security, but is able to increasingly innovate with its assets.
• Ability to provide strong strategic technical guidance and leadership. Technical program delivery experience including time developing and testing software is a must.
• Ability to perform technical due diligence architecture analysis of existing and new products, as well as, provide enhancement and improvement guidelines such as:
o Capacity Planning
o Total cost of ownership
o Build vs. Buy Analysis
• Experience in performing application security analysis (Code issues, PCI, Data privacy, application vulnerabilities) and providing mitigation. Experience working with security teams and Qualified Security Assessor. .
• Deep understanding of infrastructure setup, database systems (relational and NoSQL stack) and Mastercard Technology Stack such as:
o API Gateway
o Event Driven technologies
o Cloud and On-Prem technologies
• Deep understanding of integration services for internal and external entities
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with, and influencing teams while respecting individuals you work with across the organization and enterprise architecture teams
• Solid knowledge and understanding of Integration/DevOps technologies like:
o Blue-Green Deployment
• Expertise in running projects in SAFE Agile environment with the usage of Rally or JIRA.
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
Here’s what sets you apart:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
• Excellent understanding of Mastercard’s technology stack, processes and standards.
• Proven track record designing cloud infrastructure for large environments (AWS/Azure)
• Experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale with a deep understanding of those platform’s capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Huge plus if you have expertise in Payments, IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, CI/CD, NoSQL databases, Microservices APIs, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
Toronto, ON / O’Fallon, MO
Ethoca offers a competitive compensation package, benefits and the opportunity to work with great people in a high-growth environment.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director Technology Integration” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.