Lead Software Development Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Our Purpose
- We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
- Job Title
- Lead Software Development EngineerOverview
- Interested in building the next generation platform that handles petabytes of data and powers data insight creation using cutting edge data science technology? Excited about creating compelling functionality that interfaces with Big Data, AI/Machine Learning and Data Analytics to deliver actionable insights? We are a dynamic team of top-notch engineers who are committed to make a dent in the FinTech universe.
- We are growing rapidly in Vancouver in the beautiful British Columbia, and if you wish to be part of this Priceless® experience, read below.
- The Digital Insights Platform (DIP) team is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to provide technical ownership, with an emphasis on engineering efficiency and on-time delivery.
- The ideal candidate has expertise in building Microservices using new and emerging technologies. The person will get a chance to develop innovative solutions and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way Mastercard captures, processes, stores and visualizes data.
- In this role, you will:
- • Provide technical leadership and expertise for architecting new platform capabilities
- • Design & develop REST APIs and webservices using Java, Spring Boot and other emerging technologies
- • Be responsible for assessing technologies and approaches for integrating backend data services with user interface
- • Work closely with team members from across Mastercard to identify functional and system requirements
- • Understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business requirements
- All About you
- The ideal candidate for this position should:
- • Provide technical thought leadership and expertise for architecting new platform capabilities
- • Have hands-on knowledge of Java, Spring Boot and Microservices (REST API)
- • Be skilled at architecting large and complex data pipelines
- • Have understanding of domain driven design and BDD testing framework
- • Have good knowledge of Unit testing and Mockito frameworks like JUnit and Mockito
- • Have experience in working with Relational and NoSQL databases
- • Have understanding of CI/CD using tools like Jenkins
- • Have excellent oral and written communication
- • Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- • Have demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- • Have the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- • Be a strong, confident, and able to communicate solution and Architecture effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
- • Have the ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
- • Have experience in building high performing data teams
- • Have a BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fieldDue to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
- Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.