This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you passionate about bringing people together? Are you inspired by enabling leadership, driving change and giving people a voice? If so, keep reading…
Thoughtexchange empowers organizations to lead group discussions about things that matter. Leaders from all over North America inform critical decisions with powerful, patent pending analytics and visualizations supported by our software and world class service team. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the Thoughtexchange platform and with a fresh round of financing Thoughtexchange is ready to scale.
We are looking for Account Managers (AMs) with experience in account management and solution selling to the education and corporate markets. Harnessing value delivery to directly drive financial outcomes using sales and analytical skills, AMs must be able to diagnose what has gone well and what hasn’t, thoughtfully represent to the customer the delivered ROI, and pursue organic upsell and white space opportunities.
- Manage an annual renewal book of business including focus on account growth (upsell)
- Regularly monitoring the health of customers and working with the Customer Success team to maintain 100% customer satisfaction and 110% net retention
- Iterating on Mutual Success Plans (MSPs) along the customer journey to update and address strategic goals and articulate/reinforce ROI to the customer
- Acting as the primary point of contact with a decision maker/buyer
- Proactively researching and discussing client customer goals, KPIs, strategic priorities, and what our customers need to be successful and then pitch products, use cases and events to meet them
- Creating revenue growth by driving demand and building out opportunities to become a system of record for progress and change
- Holding regular cadence of calls with customers and maintaining relationships with key customer contacts
- Generating and providing quarterly reports on return on investment (aligned with MSP)
- Identifying accounts for potential upsells or high strategic accounts and allocating resources
- Working to up-sell, cross-sell and build new champions within the customer base
- Leveraging relationships with accounts for referrals, marketing resources and event attendance
- Communicating updates and learnings from your region to teams including Product, Marketing, Events, Revenue Ops, etc
- Staying current with upcoming product releases as well as advocate for customers as it relates to product/feature improvements
- Maintaining account and opportunity forecasting
Qualifications and Attributes:
- 2-5+ years of quota carrying software/technology sales and/or account management experience
- Strong networking and communication skills
- Experience with land and expand approach to account penetration
- Ability to perform your own demos and be hands-on with the solution working with customers
- Consultative selling experience
- Ability to articulate ROI
- Navigate through complex negotiations at an executive/Senior level
- Solution Selling Ability, Objection Handling Skills, Planning and Closing Skills
- Experience creating and driving revenue within a specified region or list of strategic accounts and developing strategic territory business plans
Travel Requirements (when it is safe to do so)
- Minimum once a month
- Face to face with each customer potentially once annually
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Thoughtexchange is the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company, we help leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their companies and communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the Thoughtexchange platform.
• Over 160 inspired people work at Thoughtexchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $30 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our three offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your Thoughtexchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
At Thoughtexchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help leaders #bringpeopletogether and crowdsource answers to questions in real time.