Distinguished Security Architect
United States Remote
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Distinguished Security Architect role at Zoom is a senior level role reporting directly to the Global Solution Engineering Leader. The Distinguished Security Architect is responsible for shaping and executing strategic priorities for the SE organization to help scale the larger Zoom SE team.
This role is someone who is viewed as both a domain and industry expert in their field of expertise. They possess deep technical knowledge and ability and will be tasked with the most demanding projects and design requirements. They will serve as an escalation point for the Global Solution Engineering organization.
This person will consult with sales, product management, engineering, marketing and other cross functional departments to drive strategic and tactical planning, execution of the key initiatives needed to drive sales, competitive strategy, and cross architectural technology leadership. They will also serve as a technical architectural interface for the larger Global Solution Engineering organization.
As a Distinguished Architect you will be:
- Leading the technology expertise with specific focus on security
- Engaging with engineering and product teams to drive security framework and best practice
- Identifying gaps in security design and reviewing proposed architecture with an aim to recommend changes or enhancements
- Driving organization and leadership of SE subject matter expert team
- Prioritizing customer product requirements and requests
- Engaging with product management on roadmap, release and development
- Leading technical solution design, testing, implementation, testing, certification
- Providing technical thought leadership and industry influence
- Advising senior leadership on emerging technologies and solutions
- Leading strategic technical engagements directly with customers
- Conducting internal and external technical training and labs
- Developing whitepapers, tech notes, competitive documents and guides
- Developing, building and maintaining SE knowledge base / repository
- Leading knowledge share sessions with as required
There will be travel required in the territory stated above. We will greatly promote the use of the amazing Zoom tools we have to maximize all the resources at Zoom.
- Cloud security architecture expertise
- Cryptographic methods and implementation expertise
- Industry knowledge of relevant security/compliance frameworks (ISO 270001, SOC2, NIST, FedRAMP, etc)
- Subject matter expert with the ability to cross train other individuals as required
- The ability to identify risks and work with relevant parties towards resolution
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following subjects: Chat, Meetings, Video, Voice, SIP/SBC/Peering, API/Marketplace, FedRAMP
- Minimum 15 years experience in the communications and/or software applications industry with a specific focus on security
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure knowledge is beneficial (Citrix, VMware etc.)
- Ability to design, develop content and deliver technical trainings
- Create, present and document technical solutions
- End-to-end IT systems knowledge
- Industry expert level solution sales ability
- Ability to apply IT Systems knowledge to customer solution design
- Formulate and communicate a technical solution / vision
- Understand Zoom partner and ecosystem partners, products and applications
- Mentor developing team members
- Act as a leader when the situation warrants
- Be flexible and able to function in a high growth environment
- 15+ years of technical experience in Security technologies
- 10+ years in a customer facing technical role required
- Thorough competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings
- Zoom Communication platform and end-to-end positioning required
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
- Preference given for holding expert level collaboration certification or patent
Zoom Video Communications Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Work-Life Balance 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Compensation 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Perks & Benefits 2019
- Sales Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Diversity on Comparably.
- Zoom Video Communications is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Professional Development on Comparably.
- Zoom Video Communications is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
Your application has been successfully submitted.