Product Marketing Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada Remote
Does the thought of being the first ever Product Marketing hire in a company excite you? Building something from the ground up and taking an awesome product to the next level? Then continue reading! We are looking for a Product Marketer who is passionate about communicating the value of disruptive software and inclusive leadership to our current and future customers. Thoughtexchange is the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company, we help leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their companies and communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the Thoughtexchange platform and with a fresh round of financing, Thoughtexchange is ready to scale.
Initially, your primary focus will be to put product marketing practices in place and to bridge the gap between product, sales, customer success and marketing. You will likely have to navigate through the company to pick up bits and pieces of product marketing that are currently being handled elsewhere in the organization, which will require lots of relationship building and EQ. You will lead the work on how we communicate the value of our software and its features to users and buyers and work cross-functionally to develop product related content. As we get the foundations in place, you’ll help develop buyer and user personas, determine market fit and total addressable market, develop educational initiatives that drive deep adoption and influence how we go to market and launch new features and future products. You have proven experience in product marketing and have successfully launched products in a fast-paced start-up culture where agility and hands-on participation is required.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to impact the go-to-market motion with Product Management, support sales enablement and drive pipeline growth by partnering with various teams. If you enjoy wearing the “strategic hat” but also have a “get s*** done” attitude, then this role is for you! This role can be located anywhere and you will report to the most senior marketing officer.
What we think is true about you:
- Willing and able to build a product marketing function from scratch, preferably with experience in B2B SaaS
- Previous experience as a Product Marketer or as Product Manager with marketing skills acquired separately through education or experience
- Excellent communication skills, especially written
- Highly flexible when faced with ambiguity, we are a startup after all
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish Product Marketing in Thoughtexchange by introducing processes, practices and workflows
- Work on go-to-market strategy together with sales, product and marketing teams, including validation of product direction, messaging, positioning, customer education and launch activities
- Collaborate with our customer success and sales team to build audience-focused collateral, including webinars, educational material, in-app content, internal training, blog posts, and presentations to drive deeper adoption of our platform
- Enable our sales teams by communicating the value proposition of your product and its features (including how it compares to competitive offerings) as well as developing content that supports the selling process
- Be the expert on our buyers and users, their problems and needs, their buying criteria and how they use the product and represent the voice of the customer
- Spark future product-led growth strategies using user insights
- Develop a methodology to measure and report the impact of new features
- Setting and tracking product marketing related metrics
- Develop domain knowledge, use-case research, and customer advocacy groups
- Strive to continuously deliver industry, market and product insights to support product roadmap/positioning, campaign development and other relevant areas, and company growth
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Thoughtexchange is the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company, we help leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their companies and communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the Thoughtexchange platform.
• Over 160 inspired people work at Thoughtexchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $30 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our three offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your Thoughtexchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
At Thoughtexchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.