Sr. Manager, People Services
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are EA
As one of the world’s largest video game developers and publishers, we have many well known titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We Are People Experience
Most companies call it HR. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our organization People Experience (PE). It not just a play on words, PE is a team of cultural stewards who carefully craft programs and talent strategies that directly impacts our teams’ experience and enables our People to achieve the most meaningful work of their careers.
We’re responsible for recruiting the best diverse talent on the planet and supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation, and leadership development. We continually listen to our employees and dive into analytics to anchor our recommendations and decisions to keep engagement high. Last but not least, we’re responsible for a total rewards strategy that incentivizes equitably, provides outstanding benefits, and ensures a safe and inspiring workplace for our teams.
The Challenge Ahead:
People Practices has been created to bring new focus on operating EA’s people programs while providing simple and awesome experiences for our employees and people managers. As a team within People Practices, People Services’ mission is to bring new ways of simplifying and scaling processes, programs, and enabling employee self serve.
As the Sr. Manager, People Services you will be a catalyst to improving how the function operates. Reporting to the Head of People Services, you will work across COEs, BPs, PPs to understand and drive operational components of core programs across the function.
You will lead a global team of Operations specialists who are experienced in HR programs, operational processes, employee support, systems support and data management.
You will deploy programs to create capacity and efficiency within HR. You will bring ambition and urgency to assess operational support opportunities across COEs, BPs, PPs and create a roadmap to intake, improve and scale processes.
What The Sr. Manager, People Services does at EA:
- Lead a global team of Operations specialists. Hire and train team members and future leaders to realize their full potential.
- Design and standardize processes across teams and COEs. Ensure geographic and Department consistency. Develop toolkits to provide guidance, methods, systems, tools and metrics for execution.
- You will create playbooks for PE users, including BPs, PPs and COEs. This includes business events (i.e. restructuring, M&A) or staple PE programs.
- You will bring systems, data management and governance expertise to ensure that data capture, storage and reporting enables processes. Work across team members to ensure compliance and controls are met.
- Bring a change management and communication lens to the deployment of processes, to ensure new ways of working are simple to adopt.
- Embed BP/PP, Manager and Employee experiences to the center of how to design and deploy work. Design for execution, balancing multiple partner needs in delivering programs
- Lead and deploy global programs and recurring processes, including operational components of pay, benefits, hire, exit, mobility, and business events.
- Lead complex, collaborative process redesign projects, bringing approaches to improvements, scaling across an organization and guiding teams for execution.
The next great Sr. Manager, People Services needs to have:
- Minimum experience: Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field plus 10+ years of progressive success within Human Resources as an HR Business Partner, HR Operations Manager, or HR COE Program Manager. Masters degree in Human Resources or Business preferred.
- HR data, systems and process expertise, within a company of scale serving 10K+ employees. Knowledge of how work gets done in the field. Resolve escalated, high stakes questions from team members and employees.
- Expert knowledge of HR including Operations, Total Rewards, L&D, Recruiting and HR Business Partnership
- Organize complex problems and structures work into a project plan with concrete steps and milestones.
- People Management experience. You have grown and retained a high performing team.
- Project Management expertise - has managed complex business events and programs, building strong project management fundamentals followed by seamless operational execution
- Ensure that employee data, records and agreements are 100% accurate.
- Change management and communications experience. Understands a group’s change journey and guides teams through change..
- Partner with senior leaders at the right altitude, providing advisory and program delivery support.
- You have presented and facilitated working sessions to a wide audience in HR
- Sensitivity to local culture / language norms and ability to modify communications (written/verbal) to engage a global audience
- Fluent with G-suite, Slack, virtual technologies (i.e. zoom) for facilitation
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.