Senior Manager, IT Strategy and Solutions (21-27)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Canpotex is hiring a Senior Manager, IT Strategy and Solutions (21-27) to join the Information Technology (IT) team in our Saskatoon office.
Canpotex is currently undertaking several exciting initiatives focused on people and processes with an upcoming relocation of our head office within Saskatoon and accompanying a shift to a Hybrid Work Model.
Canpotex is undergoing a digital transformation focused on Data & Analytics, IT & Cyber Security, Business Solutions, and Client Support. We are committed to delivering value to our business partners through people, processes, and technology, in support of our global operations. Canpotex’s IT environment is a hybrid of legacy and modern applications, deployed in the cloud and on-premises.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology (IT), the Senior Manager, IT Strategy and Solutions is responsible for leading the team in the functional areas of IT including business solutions and applications, data governance, architecture analytics and IT project management.
This position is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the IT Department are aligned with the corporate business needs and for guiding the team and the business through the prioritization of solution requests and approved projects; ensuring alignment with technology that best provides maximum return on investment, and helps direct IT strategy in support of overall business goals.
Leading the enterprise data strategy, this role will be responsible for the organization's overall data use initiatives and leading the implementation of integrated data at Canpotex. In addition, this role will be responsible for developing and implementing an integrated and holistic business intelligence platform to drive business outcomes.
What you will do:
• Lead and manage the IT Strategy and Solutions team including business solutions and applications, data governance, architecture and analytics and IT project management to achieve a culture of continuous improvement and business outcomes.
• Collaborate on the business relationship management strategy (BRM) with all departments to determine information needs, systems, and service level agreements.
• Ensure that all departments’ strategic computing plans are prepared and updated.
• Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment and execution against goals and targets, including ongoing relationships and program management in global offices.
• Promote a strong team environment to achieve a high -performance culture and provides consistent communication and feedback, coaching, mentoring for employees.
• Guide the strategic management of the corporate applications platforms with a particular focus on enterprise solutions.
• Manage the IT project management function activities of the business strategy and support section, including the project management office (PMO), and ensures its alignment with corporate goals, guiding principles and management commitments.
• Establish and implement an enterprise-level data governance strategy and roadmap, including strategic priorities for the development of information-based capabilities.
What you will bring:
• Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science or a related field; a professional designation in Business Administration or a relevant field is preferred.
• Minimum ten years of experience specifically focusing on key roles with business solutions and applications, data governance, architecture analysis and IT project management, including a minimum of four years in a senior leadership role.
• Experience in leading and motivating a multi-jurisdictional, multi-disciplinary team.
• Knowledge of US, Canadian and international regulatory and legislative influences on delivering technology solutions.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Who you are:
• Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong broad technical knowledge and expertise covering the conduct of business matters, corporate governance matters and the regulatory of risk and change matters.
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written and carries strong work ethics.
• Passionate about the pursuit of excellence within a global team environment.
• Ability to work after-hours and on-call support.
Who we are:
Canpotex is one of the world's largest suppliers of potash overseas. On behalf of our Shareholders, Mosaic and Nutrien, we market and deliver Saskatchewan potash, a valuable fertilizer nutrient, to millions of fields and farmers, helping the world grow more food.
We would like to hear from you! Please apply online by January 2nd, 2022.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To stay connected follow us on LinkedIn.
Your application has been successfully submitted.