Marketing Operations Manager
Are you passionate about things like conversion rates and lead scoring? Are you a champion of data integrity and workflow efficiency? Do you enjoy seeking a deep understanding of stakeholder's needs, and developing solutions to meet those needs? Are you open to pivots and new ideas, and do you thrive in a constantly changing environment?
We are seeking a highly organized and self-motivated Marketing Operations Manager to support a dynamic and evolving Marketing Team. In this full time position, you will report to the Director of Revenue Operations, and have the Senior Director of Marketing as your main stakeholder. You will be part of the Revenue Operations Team which supports our Sales and Customer Success teams, in addition to Marketing.
Thoughtexchange is the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company. We help leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their companies and communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the Thoughtexchange platform and with a fresh round of financing, Thoughtexchange is ready to scale. And we want you to join us.
You will play a key role in a few key areas including things like:
- Managing our Marketing tech stack
- Project management
- Data management
- Basic analytics including building dashboards and reports
- Communication and stakeholder engagement
Your ultimate goal is to support the Marketing Team to improve their effectiveness and efficiency by providing them with the tools and data they need to get the job done. In a given week, you might find yourself project managing an email campaign, evaluating and improving our lead scoring algorithm, building out reports and dashboards, working on attribution models, optimizing workflows between Marketing and Sales teams, working with the Salesforce Team on improving functionality for the Marketing Team, or analyzing the effectiveness of a marketing initiative.
This role is remote and we require candidates to be based in Canada.
What you'll be doing:
- Constantly assess the operational needs of the Marketing Team and work towards improving workflow and tools
- Marketing campaign project management
- Oversee and optimize the Marketing tech stack including things like tool integrations, automations, processes, and new technologies (currently using tools like Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Drift, ZoomInfo, and others)
- Support data management activities including data prep, monitoring, cleansing, migration/imports using Dataloader, and error prevention (including the use of Excel)
- Develop, enhance, and maintain reports and dashboards for Marketing Team KPIs
- Conduct basic analyses for things like measuring the impacts of marketing initiatives, and work with RevOps analysts on more complicated analytics initiatives
- Develop, maintain and test ongoing lead scoring initiatives that impact sales pipeline
- Lead members of the Marketing Operations team (currently two contractors responsible for data management tasks), ensuring their success and growth
- Assist with planning, budgeting and forecasting for the Marketing department
What you'll bring to the role:
- Excitement about the opportunity to build out the marketing operations function
- Hands-on knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics (digital, events, outbound programs) and tools (Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Drift, ZoomInfo, or similar)
- Strong intermediate Excel skills (formulas, data cleansing, data manipulation, basic analysis)
- Natural curiosity, strong critical thinking skills, and extremely resourceful problem solving
- Self-starter with the ability to work remotely in a cross functional, team-based environment
- Collaborative with excellent communication & relationship building skills, and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional areas
- Highly flexible when faced with ambiguity - we are a startup after all!
Preferred qualifications & experience:
- 3+ years of experience in MarTech, Marketing Ops, or Demand Gen
- Experience managing a team
- Bachelor degree
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Thoughtexchange is the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company, we help leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their companies and communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the Thoughtexchange platform.
• Over 160 inspired people work at Thoughtexchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $30 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our three offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your Thoughtexchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
At Thoughtexchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.