Content Marketing Manager
Are you looking for the next step in your career, leading the content strategy for a growing start-up? Building something from the ground up and taking an awesome product to the next level? Then continue reading! We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager who is passionate about communicating the value of disruptive software and inclusive leadership to our current and future customers. As the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company, Thoughtexchange helps leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their companies and communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on our platform, and with a fresh round of financing, Thoughtexchange is ready to scale.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to impact and influence the go-to-market motion with Product Marketing, support sales enablement, and drive pipeline growth by partnering with various teams. You will also help plan and create in-app content, working closely with Product Management to build out exciting new features for our customers. You'll use your autonomy, creativity, and vision to achieve our goals. Whatever project you might be managing, you'll obsess over its success. If you're equal parts creative and strategic, with a " get s*** done" attitude, then this role is for you!
As our Content Marketing Manager, you'll excel as a digital storyteller and mentor for your copywriter direct reports. On Monday, you might sit through a client onboarding meeting to draft an initial strategy. Tuesday, you may be designing a content series to attract organic visitor traffic. Wednesday, you may work with the writing and editorial team to build a collection of eBooks. To finish off the week you might build editorial calendars and draft case studies, and after reviewing the week's success, you might even have some ideas to share with the design team.
Please note that this role is remote and open to candidates based in Canada.
What we think is true about you:
- Willing and able to build a content marketing function from scratch, preferably with experience in B2B SaaS
- Previous experience as a content marketer, with marketing skills acquired through education or experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skillsHighly flexible when faced with ambiguity (we are a startup after all)
- A naturally curious self-starter and extremely resourceful problem solver
- Strong critical thinking skills
- The ability to work remotely in a cross functional team-based environment
- Collaborative with excellent communication & relationship building skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing, creating, and managing content that is compelling and well-organized, based on a thorough understanding of business objectives, user needs, and industry best practices
- Planning short- and long-form written content for a variety of digital uses (blog posts, white papers, eBooks, email marketing, social media, digital ads and more)
- Managing our editorial calendar to ensure timely publication
- Conducting research to understand our customers and prospects, in order to identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics and other marketing materials
- Managing copywriters by providing editorial and professional development guidance
- Developing in-app content including use cases, educational pieces, and exchange questions for our customers
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Thoughtexchange is the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company, we help leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their companies and communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the Thoughtexchange platform.
• Over 160 inspired people work at Thoughtexchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $30 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our three offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your Thoughtexchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
At Thoughtexchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.