Senior Data Engineer- Python Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join Unbounce and help the world experience better marketing. We’re a people first, customer obsessed company focused on helping employees do their best work. Our landing page and conversion platform empowers digital marketing teams and agencies to launch campaigns, increase conversions and get significantly better ROI on their marketing spend in a way that nobody else does today.
The Data Engineering team’s focus is on enabling the Data Analysts, Scientists and other developers by building the code and infrastructure required to make data usable, scalable and available. We believe in working the DevOps way - having broad ownership over the entire data processing stack; from security and infrastructure down to code and tests. We are looking for someone who loves to work in an ever-evolving technical environment to solve problems for internally facing consumers.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Enable and propel Unbounce’s data-driven strategy by building systems that enrich and expose usable data.
- Develop ETL pipelines that drive internal and customer-facing insights.
- Learn, develop, maintain and upgrade our infrastructure upon which we run all our work - primarily AWS, kubernetes and Airflow.
- Develop tooling that reduces the technical barrier for teams to work within our ecosystem.
- Grow technical skills within and outside the team through code reviews, pairings, demos, tech lunches etc.
- Design and implement systems that enable and support data science and analytics.
- Set and maintain standards around data governance, code quality and efficient communication; and to evangelize best practices within the team and company.
A Little Bit About You:
- You have 5+ years in a combination of backend engineering, data engineering, software engineering, infrastructure or systems engineering.
- You are experienced in writing Python and SQL.
- You understand data governance - you have built systems that provide available, correct and secure data.
- You have experience in writing ETL pipelines and tooling.
- You understand databases, data warehouse design and distributed systems.
- You have experience with scheduling frameworks, such as Airflow.
- You have experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS (IAM, CloudFormation, EC2, S3, RDS, EKS, lambda).
What’s in it for You:
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Sick days, moving days, personal days, etc)
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- One day every 2 weeks of dedicated professional development time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce we celebrate everyone and their multiple intersecting identities. We believe a panorama of experience allows us to make better decisions together and inspires innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. Our goal is for every Unbouncer to feel deeply connected to their team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The leading landing page platform that helps you convert more of your visitors into leads, sales, and customers with conversion intelligence.