Senior Data Analyst
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Have you ever wanted to be part of a disruptive, innovative new solution that is changing how your users do their jobs? We have an exciting vision and strategy to enable smart conversions for our customers and you’ll be a big part of it.
We’re looking for a spectacular and experienced Senior Data Analyst to join our Data & Analytics team, to work across all business areas at Unbounce (Revenue, Product, and Operations).
Our goal is to use decision science to move the business towards a unified strategy, in a way that minimizes time spent on low-impact analysis and maximizes high-impact, data-driven decisions. The team strives to aid all business departments in their quest to create world-class customer products, and to increase market value for the business. The Data & Analytics team uses a combination of statistics, analysis and business intelligence, machine learning, and data science to answer business questions and deliver insight and recommendations for internal stakeholders.
What You’ll be Doing
- Provide information and insights to our stakeholders
- Proactively work with stakeholders to formulate and manage business questions, hypotheses, and specifications
- Work as an integral part of our ‘Data Analyst Chapter’ and Data Organization by providing both internal and external mentorship, and demonstrating data democratization/governance with excellence across the organization
- Help identify, define and build metrics and KPIs that lead to actionable results
- Instrument applications with user tracking analytics to gain insight into the customer journey and how our product features are being used
- Breakdown stakeholder asks and suggest solutions based on timeliness, accuracy, business value, and impact
- Stay up to date on industry standards and best practices in data analytics
- Own building hypotheses, scoping, running and conducting post analysis of experiments & A/B tests
- Grow your skills in machine learning, statistics, and data science, to enable deeper understanding of the internal data
- Keep a strong pulse on business metrics, and communicate when flags are raised about data integrity
A Little Bit About You
- You have 5+ years working as an analyst, with a proven track record of generating research and insights in a repeatable and actionable manner
- You are an expert data storyteller and have experience with a set of tools to enable that
- You are an expert with SQL (we use mySQL and Postgres dialects) and highly capable with Python
- You have a solid grasp of data modelling, warehousing, and pipelining (we use Airflow to schedule our jobs)
- You excel at working with non-technical stakeholders to help translate, manage and drive business needs into actionable insights
- You build relationships across the organization to develop and maintain trust
- You’re skillful at making strategy recommendations, and working with senior management to identify problems, solutions, and insights to drive the business forward
- You’re experienced in project management: managing and prioritizing tasks across teams (we use agile ceremonies, and JIRA to track our work), knowing who to loop in when, and providing timely updates to your stakeholders
- You’re familiar with 3rd party tooling and data integrations, and at monitoring/maintaining data integrity across multiple systems
What’s in it for You:
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Sick days, moving days, personal days, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- One day every 2 weeks of dedicated professional development time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce we celebrate everyone and their multiple intersecting identities. We believe a panorama of experience allows us to make better decisions together and inspires innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. Our goal is for every Unbouncer to feel deeply connected to their team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Your application has been successfully submitted.