Apple Media Products Engineering - App Store
Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
These engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services.
- You'll bring expert experience with Java or equivalent object-oriented languages
- We want over 5 years of crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend applications
- A deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs
- Ability to design and establish coding patterns/standards across multiple code repositories
- You will mentor team members on writing code that is efficient, maintainable and testable
- Proven track record to re-architect an expansive code base while transitioning to technologies/frameworks
- Meaningful experience with NoSQL & big data technologies like Cassandra, Solr, Kafka and Hadoop
- Shown grasp of multi-threaded programming concepts
- Ability to thrive with highly collaborative, multi-functional projects that are high profile and critical to the App Store!
The Apple Media Products engineering team is seeking a hardworking Senior Software Engineer to develop and build features driving the App Store and TestFlight. We are hiring a self-starter who is daring and is willing to question assumptions. Excellent written and oral skills are a requirement. You have experience developing large-scale, server-side systems using object-oriented languages. We are looking for a teammate who wants to take on problems under deadlines and deliver visionary solutions.
Here's your chance to join a dynamic team and to break new ground on our App delivery platform!
You will have the courage and experience to be frank and ambitious but humble enough to listen to others. We want your thoughts on how we can move faster, be more creative, and deliver tools and ideas to empower developers around the world. We expect you to challenge the status quo, to care about the details, the end user, and how it all comes together.
In this role, you'll be responsible for building new features, data models, and user workflows. You will collaborate with our Apple Design team to bring projects and features to life. In addition to delivering phenomenal new iTunes Connect features, you will parter with the rest of the Apple Media Products engineering team to deliver incredible products to support our partners.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.