Vancouver, BC, Canada
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Presales Consultant in the Enterprise Solutions team is a role which requires a mixture of business, sales, and technical ability while working in a fast-paced environment on the cutting-edge of the Fintech sector. A successful candidate is a creative problem solver who operates with a sense of humor when under pressure, can understand and effectively communicate technical concepts to a wide range of audiences, and enjoys working directly with clients as a trusted advisor and technical expert.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with the Sales team and Executives to evaluate the business needs of corporate clients and identify the value propositions to win each opportunity.
- Partnering with Marketing and Product teams to develop and present product/platform demos and other relevant materials during the sales process.
- Conduct on-site and remote presentations, communicating the functionality and benefits of our technology and full suite of products and services.
- Coordinate with internal departments (Sales, Financial Network, Implementation, Product/Development, and Compliance) to assess the best path that addresses the current and future needs of the client.
- Use both functional and technical knowledge to communicate proposals and solutions in a simple and compelling way.
- Provide Training on products and system functionality to internal and external groups.
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce RFP and RFI responses for key deals.
- Develop, nurture, and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand the market landscape and the competitive position and advantages of our platform/solution.
- Independently conduct integration consultations with prospects.
- Respond to incoming inquiries from developers integrating with our platform, using our sandbox environment, or who have questions regarding our technical documentation.
- Become product expert and source for product answers.
- Support maintaining demo environments used by global sales teams
- Provide input to Product team by being a trusted source of client feedback and growing market demands.
- 3+ years in technology sales, presales/technical consulting, solution/client engineering or relevant client-facing experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to a variety of audiences at all levels of the customer’s organization
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and understanding the customer’s technical/business needs and translating them into viable solutions
- Ability to explain complex technical products or concepts in an easily consumable manner
- Track record in working effectively with a wide range of internal stakeholders to form consensus on an appropriate proposal/solution to present to the client
- Proven ability to handle challenging situations in a professional manner
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Technical experience involving APIs
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.