VP of Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Fabric is a new commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create Amazon-grade shopping experiences. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. This is showcased in our products that rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers. Our founders directed groundbreaking commerce initiatives at Staples and eBay, and our CEO created multi-billion dollar projects at Amazon. We're growing fast and looking for more awesome people to join us.
Your next career:
The VP of Engineering is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the Fabric Commerce Platform. The VP of Engineering works with the CEO and serves on the executive leadership team to grow the company through the use of technological resources and deliver on the development of Fabric’s products. Using an active and practical approach, the VP of Engineering will direct all employees in development, quality assurance, software support, and program management to help attain the company’s strategic goals. The VP of Engineering plays an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth, positioning the company’s service offering as a leader in the eCommerce Industry. The VP of Engineering role is critical to accelerating product innovation and scaling operations as part of continued market leadership.
- Establish the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Lead technology teams in day-to-day operations, provide key expertise, supervise the heads of departments, and set performance goals for a global team.
- Scale and manage the technical infrastructure and operations in support of a growing bast of customer and applications.
- Build and maintain a world class engineering team.
- Contribute to the senior management team, guiding strategic decisions and resource allocation.
- Monitor management of all hardware, software, databases and licenses, maintenance, and projections of future needs.
- Define technology strategies and ensure that processes meet expectations for federal, state and community privacy and security.
What you bring to the table:
- Well-respected technology leader with 15+ years of progressive engineering management and software architecture experience with high growth software companies (SaaS)
- Well-versed in Agile software development methodologies, including a strong partnership with product management
- Strong operational and management skills with a track record of on-time delivery and consistently meeting project deadlines
- Experience working cross functionally with Product, Sales, and Customer Success organizations
- Coding experience with sufficient programming knowledge to contribute as needed and establish credibility with other developers
- Innovative, passionate people leader able to assess, recruit, develop talent and manage high performance teams
- Experience leading diverse teams (Development, DevOps, QA), including the use of 3rd party resources
- Knowledgeable in scalable, multi-tenant SaaS application design principles and relational database architectures
- Experience managing Azure/AWS or similar cloud environments
- Effective at internal and external relationship building, with good communication skills
- Strong business acumen; able to quickly grasp key business drivers in the industry and recommend how the Company should respond
- Experience establishing and managing to a financial budget, including making trade-offs in prioritizing projects
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The most flexible and scalable commerce platform.