Quality Assurance Tester
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As the circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we have chosen to keep our offices closed and to work remotely for the time being. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team and remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office, once we make the decision to re-open.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Test video games for functionality and usability including tuning, debugging and suggesting detailed refinements that lead to higher quality and better playability of the finished game
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Execute assigned testing and test plan tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist development team in branch testing, bug fixing and patch testing
- Identify in-game bugs to be rectified by the development team
- Report bugs into database using precise and detailed descriptions and the required steps to reproduce the bugs
- Test for regression of bugs
- Perform targeted and exploratory testing
- Use a proactive, problem-solving approach to diagnose problems and to propose solutions to improve efficiency of testing cycles
- Maintain test lab area to ensure computers are set up properly with required equipment and required software
- Become an active participant in shaping the success of the team
- Additional tasks may be assigned as needed
- Prior paid testing experience in a professional game development environment
- Extensive experience in playing video games, either console or PC online titles
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of video games and a love for breaking games and fixing bugs
- Ability to clearly articulate bug reports and requests in written English
- Capable of working independently, with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Flexible with schedule and willingness to work overtime as required
- Experience with JIRA and DevTrack
- Experience with current F2P titles
- Knowledge of computer networking
- Ability to troubleshoot PC/Console Hardware/Software
- Experience with scripting languages for automation such as Python and JScript
Piranha Games Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, provincial or other laws.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Developing MechWarrior Online ( @MechWarriorF2P ) and MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries ( @MW5Mercs ). http://mwomercs.com or http://mw5mercs.com for more in...