Senior Rendering Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Rendering Software Engineer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. Phoenix Labs is a dynamic and exciting environment, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and do hard things. You will be joining a close-knit team of veteran developers to build upon the successful cross-platform launch of Dauntless and to make Dauntless the top online MMO.
You must have a strong background in current rendering technologies and a solid understanding of optimization tools and techniques. As Dauntless is one of the first fully crossplay & cross-progression titles, you will be required to take advantage of the capabilities of the Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch to bring the game’s art to life. Dauntless uses the Unreal Engine, and familiarity of the engine is required.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver, BC studio. This is full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Work closely with artists and technical artists to achieve high quality visual results, within each platform’s performance budget.
- Work with a cross-discipline team to provide productive and effective content workflows.
- Profile and optimize CPU & GPU performance on multiple platforms.
- Develop technical designs and implementation plans for new rendering features, based on art & design requirements.
- 7+ years industry experience
- Extensive real-time rendering knowledge
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills
- Strong software architecture skills with a proven ability to apply these to rendering challenges
- Strong profiling and optimization skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Familiar with console (XB1, PS4, Switch) development
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre
- Live service experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.