Intermediate Gameplay Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and passionate Gameplay Engineer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless. Phoenix Labs is a dynamic and exciting environment and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and do hard things. You will be joining a close-knit team of veteran game developers to build upon the successful cross-platform launch of Dauntless and to make Dauntless the top online MMO.
The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for problem solving. The applicant must have experience developing gameplay features for a networked game. They will work collaboratively with the design team in order to deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver, BC studio. This is full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes gameplay features. You will be joining a close-knit team of veteran game developers to build upon the successful cross-platform launch of Dauntless and to make Dauntless the top online MMO.
- Produce tools or debug features to help designers or programmers polish gameplay features.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the gameplay development schedule.
- Creates automated tests to ensure the quality of shipping features.
- Consult with other Engineers and Designers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game features and systems.
- 4+ years of software experience in the games industry
- Highly proficient in C++
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Driven and self-motivated
- Knowledge of at least one of the following areas: AI, animation, combat systems, network optimization and metagame systems.
- Experience implementing game features in a multiplayer environment.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers -Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre
- Familiar with console (XB1, PS4, Switch) development
- Good knowledge of UE4 and Blueprints
- Live service experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.