Software Developer, iOS (6-month contract)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for an iOS Software Developer for our Mobile team. You’ll be working with a team of talented developers to design, build, and ship high-quality products, incorporate feedback to refine and improve beta releases and turn beta releases into production ready, scalable products suitable for new and existing customers. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Senior Manager, Software Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work within a cross-functional team (including designers, product managers, architects and other developers) to deliver compelling products and services to our customers
- Design, write, test, and deploy scalable code
- Help shape our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products
- Maintain standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality
- Participate in code reviews, attend regular team meetings, and apply software development best practices
- Take ownership of your work and work autonomously when necessary
- The technologies you will be working with: Swift, RxSwift, GraphQL
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and at least 3 years of experience in developing and maintaining native iOS applications or an equivalent level of education or work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- Experience in Swift and Objective C and in Apple and third party frameworks, and knowledge of modern architecture patterns such as MVVM, MVI
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice; ideally, you have experience working on a SaaS product
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve
- Decision Making: work with your peers and leaders to build consensus and choose a direction forward. When required, you drive this process.
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Social is your superpower. Easily manage all your social media and get results with Hootsuite.