Senior Vice President, Software Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a Senior Vice President, Software Development to lead a team of 200+ Software Developers, QAs, Managers, Directors, Senior Directors, Vice Presidents, and Principal Developers across 6 international offices to deliver high quality software products our millions of customers will love. You will establish the long-term technology strategy and execution plan for the organization that is aligned with our customers and the needs of the business and then oversee its execution and implementation on a day-to-day basis as well as evangelize it to the organization and to customers. You will also be responsible for the evaluation of new and emerging technologies and engineering practices and folding these appropriately into the technology strategy. Finally, you will be responsible for assessing and owning the technology plans for strategic partnerships and future acquisitions. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office, or remote in Canada or the US you will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead a team of senior technology leaders and their respective portfolios as well as directly supervising the most senior technical staff (e.g. Principal Developers, Architects, etc.).
- Manage, recruit and retain a team of 200+ indirect reports across 6 international offices by focusing on growing and coaching a team of leaders.
- Organize people, teams and technology to deliver on short and long term roadmaps and objectives developed collaboratively with Software Development peers as well as Product Management, Product Design and other business stakeholders.
- Motivate a large group of direct and indirect reports to sustainably deliver high quality software using modern agile processes resulting in products our customers love to use.
- “Work out loud” within Hootsuite and the broader software development community to ensure the long term recruitment and retention of top talent.
- Be able to scale the team in accordance with the needs of the business as well as leverage outsourcing when and where appropriate to maximize investment within the financial constraints of the organization
- Establish consistent practices and quality measures throughout the portfolio to deliver the highest levels of quality, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Partner with product and operations leadership to ensure that the technology plan is well-aligned with the needs of the customers as well as being efficiently supportable, secure, and compliant
- Assess and integrate 3rd party strategic partnerships and future acquisitions into the overall technology strategy
- Manage engineering investments in accordance with the needs of the business, realigning when and where appropriate and driving the requisite change management
- Own and manage the corporate R&D and Web development budgets, including guiding allocations for production operations, security, and data consistent with overall roadmap delivery. Own and manage SRED and other R&D tax-credit programs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive progressive software development leadership experience.
- An abundance of experience managing senior leaders at a Sr. Director or VP-level who lead large software development teams that deliver SaaS products.
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs.
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
- Leading Inclusive Teams: builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals.
- General Management: capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work.
- Strategic Thinking: identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision.
- Developing Others: challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Social is your superpower. Easily manage all your social media and get results with Hootsuite.