This job is no longer accepting applications.
Lead/Principal Performance Engineer
Salesforce Platform is accessed from an increasing number of mobile devices with extremely different performance characteristics. Furthermore, network quality varies dramatically according to devices, geographical factors and access type (3G, 4G). Despite a general trend towards faster devices over time hardware improvements alone cannot be relied upon to increase the speed of our application user experience. Developing a performant user experience that scales to all devices is both a difficult challenge.
Salesforce mobile performance team is looking for performance-minded engineers to help increase the speed of our mobile experiences, while simultaneously reducing consumption of key resources. We are looking for engineers who are comfortable digging into complex system, identifying optimizations, and working with feature teams to develop solutions. These solutions often span multiple layers of application and require creative, unconventional thinking. You will influence the development of performance tools for investigation, regression tracking, and data reporting. As part of a world-class engineering team, you will apply performance best-practices from across the industry to popular mobile platforms.
- Develop tools to increase the speed of our mobile experiences, while simultaneously reducing consumption of key resources
- Own high-visibility performance metrics
- Help implement and maintain mobile performance frameworks for all the apps currently build on salesforce
- Build world-class telemetry infrastructure
- Mentor engineers on performance best practices
- Build mobile applications, install them on a device, and debug in tethered mode
- Automate performance measurement and analysis
- Plot and analyze large swath of data
- 3+ years of performance analysis and measurement of technically challenging applications
- Experience with tools such as Jmeter, Splunk, PerfKit , Fiddler and Charles proxy
- Understanding of performance measurements, especially around UI scrolling performance and network use
- Experience with hybrid native/web applications and WebViews
- Thorough understanding of concurrency and threading model, and how to debug and optimize threads and locking to squeeze performance out of every mobile device
- Experience debugging performance issues on a hybrid mobile application with different technologies such as Cordova, Phonegap and React Native
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Informational Technology or other relevant technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Perfecto Mobile is a plus
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience in iOS and Android development would be a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.