Senior Software Engineer, Java - Tableau
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tableau Online is a SaaS visual analytics product and the most rapidly growing business in Tableau, doubling in size in 2019. Cloud Engineering is a fast moving group charged with scaling Tableau Online and how we operate it to meet this demand. As a Lead Member of Technical Staff of the Cloud Platform and Governance Services team, you will ensure Tableau Online can meet its growth goals by building services that support cloud platform and control for resource governance. You and your team own RESTful services and will rapidly be expanding functionality while coordinating with other development teams across Tableau.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Design, build and optimize features and services to enable service protection scenarios for Tableau Online.
- Automate infrastructure and application deployments on private and public clouds (AWS). Deploy and maintain server-side applications and services on AWS development and production environments.
- Develop, document and maintain provisioning, security, configuration, and deployment procedures.
- Evaluate existing processes & tools and implement changes for better efficiency.
- Provide technical leadership
- Participate in the evolution of the system architecture.
- Review and provide detailed feedback on code, documentation and test plans for features.
- Participate in the design and improvement of our development practices.
- Work with existing team to ensure that their services meet the needs of Enterprise customers. Ensure that new and existing architecture can scale to meet the growth of our Online customer base.
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Who you are…
- Experienced. You have 6+ years industry (non-intern) experience coding commercial software and a passion for solving complex problems, and 5+ years of experiences of using Java (or equivalent) to build highly reliable software and services. Experienced in leading projects across development teams, particularly using Agile methodologies. Hands-on AWS experience is a plus.
- Technical. You're fluent in commonly used design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality. You're familiar with services and different service-oriented architecture. You can quickly see and understand architecture and where your team fits in. You have a keen eye for quality and are a strong advocate for engineering excellence.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from, and teaching others so we can all become better developers.
- Customer Advocate. You understand customer requirements and prioritize for maximum customer / user experience.
- Passionate. You are passionate about technology and the work you do, you always want to do your best to delight the customers, help your team and strive to excellence.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.