Sr. Software Engineer, iOS
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for people who are passionate about creating great iOS applications. iOS Capabilities Engineers work closely with iOS Infrastructure Engineers to improve the overall experience of using Slack, while enabling iOS Product Engineers to build new features quickly, safely, and with confidence.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
As a capabilities engineer, you will find yourself making cross-cutting changes that span across all or multiple product features in Slack. You’ll accomplish this by shipping new functionality, building shared components, and helping to shepherd the overall app architecture. Your code will enable safer, faster development of more sophisticated features in the Slack iOS client. Use your extensive knowledge of building and scaling applications to make the Slack experience on iOS the best it can possibly be.
Slack on iOS is used by millions of people every week - we need engineers who want to make that experience as enjoyable as possible.
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Experience with complex API and library design and implementation, with an emphasis on modularity
- Experience developing highly performant code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a highly collaborative team environment
- An excellent understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- A familiarity with the iOS tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- A constant desire to improve, learn more, and leave things better than you found them.
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- Experience developing with Swift
- Experience building reusable UI components
- Experience debugging and fixing and app performance issues
- A passion for building and maintaining great open source projects or otherwise contributing to the iOS community
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive — for everyone.