Client Engineer, Shop - Hearthstone
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Client Engineer, Shop - HearthstoneRequisition ID:
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team to work on fun and exciting player facing challenges. The ideal candidate will have a passion for end-to-end feature implementation, back-end scalability, and delivering quality content for continued player engagement. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with designers, artists and other engineers to implement, support, and improve the in-game shop and various related store products.
- Make improvements to the team’s ability to develop and test the in-game shop.
- Debug, optimize and re-architect legacy code to improve quality, reliability, and maintainability.
- Document and peer review technical designs and code submissions with other engineers.
- Support emergent issues in a live environment.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in software development.
- Strong established skills with C#.
- Cross platform experience using the Unity Engine.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- High comfort level extending, maintaining, and improving an established code base.
- Able to communicate & collaborate effectively with artists, designers, and other disciplines.
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on any areas of game development.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimizations.
- Experience writing C++ in a professional development environment.
- Experience with implementing game logic in a largescale client/server environment.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone or other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Your application has been successfully submitted.