This job is no longer accepting applications.
Pipeline TDRequisition ID:
Blizzard Entertainment's Animation team is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Pipeline Technical Director (TD) to support and develop our production pipeline, which is currently being prepared to adopt Pixar’s Universal Scene Description (USD). This pipeline TD will work closely with artists and other Pipeline TDs/Engineers to design and improve workflows, build tools, and provide technical support. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of tools and workflows currently used in the CG/VFX industry and direct experience with digital asset management and pipeline tool development. Experience integrating USD into an existing production pipeline is highly desirable. Excellent communication skills are a must.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California
- Provide technical support for artists in production
- Maintain our existing code base and develop new libraries and tools as necessary
- Contribute to the design and development of our production workflows
- During our adoption of USD, provide insight into best practices, traps to avoid, and successful workflows based on prior experience (if applicable).
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in developing pipeline tools and workflows in a CG production environment (or equivalent education)
- Expert knowledge of Python and object oriented programming practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong understanding of the CG production process, from asset creation to final compositing
- Strong desire to function in a technical support role
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Experience integrating USD into an existing production pipeline
- PyQt / PySide development experience
- Maya python scripting and/or tool development experience
- Renderman, Nuke, and / or Houdini experience
- MEL scripting
- Maya plugin development
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.