Senior Server Engineer - Hearthstone
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Server Engineer - HearthstoneRequisition ID:
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving service stability with the goal of providing the best possible experience for our players. Blizzard offers a fun, creative and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with designers, artists and other engineers to support and improve hearthstone’s commerce services and related products, with a focus on reliability and performance.
- Make improvements to the team’s ability to develop and test shop related products.
- Document and peer review technical designs and code submissions with other engineers.
- Support and diagnose emergent issues in a live environment.
- Design and implement the server-side components of data driven services.
- Promote Blizzard’s core values.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
- Strong understanding of C/C++
- Experience working in client/server architectures
- Comfortable maintaining and improving live data driven services.
- Knowledgeable in distributed systems and networking
- Familiarity with live game-as-a-service development cycles.
- Experience implementing and using various metrics-gathering and monitoring tools to support a live service.
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on any areas of game development.
- Able to communicate & collaborate effectively with artists, designers, and other disciplines.
- Database experience (Relational or Non-relational)
- Experience with transaction processing systems
- Linux development experiences (server applications, gdb debugging, etc).
- Familiarity with higher level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP and FTP.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone or other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Your application has been successfully submitted.