Senior Tools Engineer (Diablo) - Vicarious Visions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Tools Engineer (Diablo) - Vicarious VisionsRequisition ID:
Job Title: Senior Tools Engineer
Reporting To: Lead Tools Engineer
Location: Albany, NY
As a Senior Tools Engineer you will be a crucial part of the development team. You will collaborate with other tools engineers and other teams to deliver the AAA-quality workflows we use to assemble, craft, tune, troubleshoot, and support our games. Along the way, you’ll learn new tech, new techniques, and new ways of thinking about techno-creative problems.
As you work with your fellow tools engineers to balance frequently changing priorities, the core of your work will have you:
- Taking ownership of and being a point of contact for entire areas of our technology, collaborating closely with artists, designers, and other engineering teams as we iterate on toolchains to support content creation, engine integration, build pipelines, and more
- Conducting user-centered workflow development, from comprehensive mockups to creative and technical discussions to acting on post-ship feedback from content creators
- Exemplifying our studio's values among your peers and our partners: We Are In This Together, We Are Fearless Pathfinders, and We Are Leaders of our Craft
We're looking for experienced developers with very strong fundamentals in software engineering and general computing, proficient in object-oriented design and development and adherent to principles that promote long-lasting, adaptable, maintainable software. You will need:
- 5+ years of experience in media-pipeline tools development (games, DCC, film, or animation)
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or commensurate experience working in medium-to-large game studios
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, success collaborating with project leadership and multi-disciplinary teams, and a track record of providing guidance to less experienced engineers
- Proficiency in building complete GUI-driven productivity applications with an emphasis on usability and well-understood architectural patterns, e.g. MVC, MVVM, etc. You need demonstrable skills in at least one well-known GUI technology, e.g. Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), WinForms, Qt, Slate, HTML & CSS, etc.
- Proficiency in debugging and profiling tools such as those provided by Microsoft, JetBrains, etc.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing user interfaces for creating, editing, and validating content in large datasets, ideally with visual metaphors (e.g. 3D viewports, node-based workflows, etc.)
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python—e.g. to extend existing software with new functionality or to automate complex tasks
As a game studio that’s been around for 3 decades, Vicarious Visions has a vibrantly colorful and prestigiously successful past of guitar-playing, pro-skating, and Wumpa fruit-hoarding. As a new member of the Blizzard family, we also have an exhilarating future ahead of us. We are more excited than ever to join in the making of Blizzard franchises that are known and treasured around the world.
Our studio, located in beautiful upstate New York, provides developers a safe, warm environment to hone their skills and become leaders of their craft. Creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our practice, and we nurture new ideas from all of our people. Crucially, we are a family of uniquely individual voices, and we have fostered a culture of diversity and inclusivity. We thrive on collaboration, respect, and fun. Join us!
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision Blizzard. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.vvisions.com and @VvisionsStudio on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.