Engineering Manager, Shared Game Engine
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Engineering Manager, Shared Game EngineRequisition ID:
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced manager to support our engineers and engineering culture. You will work with the entire engineering team and will be responsible for aiding career development, motivating and supporting engineers, and working with engineering leads to evaluate the engineers’ performance, providing coaching and counseling as needed. We have a world-class team of engineers who are dedicated and passionate about their work, and you will be applying your management background and skills to help improve the day-to-day life of this team.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Develop relationships with the engineers and understand their career goals and aspirations
- Boost communication and facilitate feedback between engineers and the engineering leads
- Provide coaching and counseling via mentoring, one-on-one meetings, and more with both individual contributors and engineering leads
- Organize regular performance appraisals
- Assist the engineering leadership team with recruitment--review resumes, phone screening, and interviews
- Champion healthy work/life balance for the engineering team
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Experience managing, coaching, and mentoring software engineers
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Experience with staffing, interviewing and team building
- Good cross-disciplinary communications experience between engineering, production, design, and art
- Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanor
Your application has been successfully submitted.