This job is no longer accepting applications.
Compositor/3D GeneralistRequisition ID:
We pride ourselves in forging amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive in at Blizzard. To accomplish these epic goals, we need Intelligent, passionate, and creative people with amazing talent.
The cinematics department is focused on creating industry-leading cinematic content to support all of Blizzard's titles. We’re looking for a 2.5D graphics artist to be dedicated to various projects throughout the cinematics and creative development departments. You will have strong Maya, Photoshop, and Nuke experience, excellent communications skills, and are highly organized. You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment, handling multiple projects and IPs including Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, and Overwatch Origins amongst tight deadlines.
You will be responsible for using existing art assets to create inspired animated 2.5D graphics, motion graphics, simple animations, and transition effects. You will work closely with a small team; a director, a producer, and various cinematic artists to develop and execute a high volume of exciting new content.
You will be able to operate with varying degrees of supervision, taking ownership when needed, while remaining flexible to collaboration and iteration. You will organize and optimize comps to streamline render times, generate necessary types of footage for editorial, interpret and execute notes with minimal follow up, all while maintaining strong communication with the rest of the cinematics department.
- Strong knowledge of compositing software packages, preferably Nuke
- Proficient in Maya, including Modeling, Rigging, and Animation
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent sense of timing and camera composition
- Critical eye for color, art, and animation
- Learn and iterate quickly and openly
- Highly self-motivated with excellent communications skills
- Able to work closely and collaborate with multiple directors, producers, editors and other team members
- Troubleshoot and take on problems independently
- Working knowledge of After Effects
- Background in Fine Arts
- Knowledge of and passion for Blizzard’s game worlds and the stories told within them
- Knowledge and experience using camera projection and rendering techniques
- Experience with Color Correction software packages and color standards
This is a full time position.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to cultivate an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.