Associate Modeling Artist - (Temporary and Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Story & Franchise Development OperationsJob Title:
Associate Modeling Artist - TemporaryRequisition ID:
Associate Modeling Artist - Temporary
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a well-rounded 3D Modeling Artist to work with its award-winning cinematics team for a short-term assignment. This artist should have a strong passion to continuously seek and improve their skills and abilities with regards to 3D asset creation. The ideal candidate can work well within a small team environment, takes direction well and can multi-task. They’re enthusiastic to collaborate with other artists and departments to troubleshoot solutions and get the job done. We expect this modeler to tackle artistic challenges with an eagerness to help push the quality of our iconic Blizzard characters to new heights.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Ability to model and sculpt assets of any style - from realistic humans/creatures and robots to stylized environments, weapons, or props, with or without concept art
- Robust understanding of anatomy, form, proportions, composition and silhouette
- Efficient at UV mapping, displacement map extraction and understanding of Topology
- Maintain production deadlines and/or communicate any scheduling concerns with Producers
- Confidence to filter and evaluate criticism and art direction on a professional level
- Base level knowledge of the entire VFX/Animation production pipeline
- Capacity to maintain a positive attitude while juggling multiple tasks and requests at once
- 1-3 years of Feature film/VFX/Animation production experience as a Modeler
- Eagerness to learn new skills and software
- Possess effective communication and time management skills
- Comfortable creating Blendshapes, Shotsculpting and Kitbashing
- Extremely passionate about creating art and storytelling
- Solid foundation in the traditional arts
- Understanding of the visual style of our Blizzard Cinematics, our IPs, Games, and an overall passion to push them even further
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.