Technical Artist: FX Pipeline – Unannounced Project (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Unannounced ProjectJob Title:
Technical Artist: FX Pipeline – Unannounced ProjectRequisition ID:
Technical Artist: Fx Pipeline – Unannounced Project
We need you.
Do you want to collaborate with world class artists, engineers, designers, and technical artists to help solve some of our most technically complex problems? Do you get excited about bringing your unique and diverse experiences which enable you to think in new and divergent ways? Do you want to help support the creation of the next great AAA Blizzard project?
If so, Blizzard is looking for you, a highly skilled, motivated, and proactive Technical Artist to help us bring our worlds to life.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We will entrust you with
- Teaming up with FX Artists to develop workflows for FX creation for spells, environments, characters, combat, and special game events.
- Teaming up with Engineers and Technical Artists to develops tools for the FX pipeline.
- Teaming up with Engineers, Technical Artists, Designers, and FX Artists to create prototypes and complex special effects.
- Optimizing runtime performance without sacrificing artistic integrity.
- Becoming a communication bridge between Art, Design, Engineering, and Production.
You bring with you
- Clear understanding of FX pipelines for high end AAA games.
- Clear understanding and experience using FX tools such as
- Niagara for Unreal,
- Visual Effects Graph for Unity,
- or others such as PopcornFx, or TimelineFx
- Experience debugging game content.
- Extensive Experience developing Fx for games.
- Strong technical problem-solving ability.
- Hands on experience in programming languages such as Python, C#, or C++ to create visual tools with libraries such as QT or ImGui
- Hands on experience using procedural software such as Houdini or Substance Designer.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with combat, environment, and character design workflows.
- Familiarity writing tools in Python or C++ for DCC applications such as Houdini, Maya, Photoshop, and Perforce.
- Tool development experience.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come help us bring the world together through epic entertainment!
Your application has been successfully submitted.