FX Artist (Associate to Senior) - World of Warcraft (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
World of WarcraftJob Title:
FX Artist (Associate to Senior) - World of WarcraftRequisition ID:
An FX Artist on World of Warcraft creates explosions, spell casts, ambient world effect and larger world destruction animations. You will be the bridge between art and design communicating gameplay ideas to the player all while creating a compelling visual storytelling experience. An FX Artist on the team should be swift and efficient along with having a skull full of great ideas. All experience levels (from entry-level associate artists to more tenured senior-level artists) will be considered for this position.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create spells, creature attacks, explosions and more FX animations in the World of Warcraft FX style
- Strong hand painted texturing skill that fits within the larger world
- Ability to prototype and create block-out FX
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- Some level of experience developing particle systems and geometry based visual effects
- Background in animation with an eye for timing is a plus
- Understand real-time game development needs
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the World of Warcraft style
- A demo reel link
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.