Mid/Senior Animator - Unannounced Project (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Unannounced ProjectJob Title:
Mid/Senior Animator - Unannounced ProjectRequisition ID:
Mid/Senior Animator – Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional Mid/Senior Animator to join us in creating a new experience for mobile.
The ideal candidate has a passion for both animation and game development, with experience animating a diverse array of characters. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation is essential. The animator must be well-versed in related tools -- 3DS Max, Maya, etc. You must have experience as an animator on one or more successful AAA Games and/or mobile games and enjoy working on a highly collaborative team of peers as passionate about making great games as you are.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development animating characters using 3DS Max or Maya (or equivalent 3D program)
- Exceptional skills in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software, such as 3ds Max or Maya
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Able to communicate effectively with other artists, designers, engineers
- Detail-oriented, problem solving ability
- Passion for playing and making games, especially game styles similar to those found in Blizzard games.
- Experience with the Unity engine
- Experience with mobile development
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Reel demonstrating animation skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- An animation test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.