Lighting Artist (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Lighting ArtistRequisition ID:
The Overwatch Team seeks a Lighting Artist ready to step up and help illuminate and set the mood of this brand new world.
Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch team is looking for an exceptionally skilled lighter to join us. The ideal candidate must demonstrate an understanding of how light, shadow, and color create environmental tone as well as work to guide the player and possess a thorough understanding of real-time game lighting. This position requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting levels for gameplay based on personal vision as well as conceptual illustrations.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with art leads and the art director to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
- Work closely with the art, tech art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives.
- Anticipate and work well within different production and technical constraints and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
- A minimum of 3 years game development experience, lighting a variety of in-game environments
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- Thorough understanding of real-time lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, sub surface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions)
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team player
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a lighting artist
- Familiar with 3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop and 3rd party lighting tools
- Passionate gamer with experience playing a wide range of video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.