Senior Character Artist - Unannounced Project (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Character Artist - Unannounced ProjectRequisition ID:
Senior Character Artist - Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate Senior Character Artist to come work with us on an Unannounced Project.
Your goal is to bring all forms of 3D characters and creatures to life, and to push our projects visual development. The ideal candidate understands that character work does not end in ZBrush and can texture, model, and optimize just as well as they can sculpt. Ultimately, you’re combining inspiring art with incredible gameplay while actively collaborating and thriving on a small team.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon and texture game assets for highly creative characters and creatures for a new Blizzard project.
- Combine traditional hand-crafted art techniques with next gen PBR materials to create a unique visual style for characters and creatures.
- Partner with other artists, designers, and tech artists to collaborate on creative solutions to solve complex character pipeline problems for this new Blizzard experience.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to bring visually compelling characters to life
- 5+ years professional experience as a character artist and you specialize in character modeling using Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Hands-on knowledge of asset creation pipelines and tools.
- Exceptional understanding of sculpting the form, shape, structure, and silhouette for human and creature anatomy and know how to stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters.
- Great eye for light, shading, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Proven problem-solving/prototyping ability for a game early in the development process
- Able to effectively collaborate with every department of a game development team (game designers, programmers, tech art, animation, etc.)
- You love video games, movies, animation, and love dissecting them while thinking how to take them to the next level.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes.
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test might be required
Your application has been successfully submitted.