Senior Character Artist - Overwatch 2
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Character Artist - Overwatch 2Requisition ID:
Tracer, Winston, Pharah, Hanzo… these are just a few of the memorable heroes that inhabit our world. We put our heart and soul into bringing these unique and visually stunning characters to life, and our ranks are growing. We want to meet a Senior Character Artist who is ready to help us grow the Overwatch universe.
Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated and talented Character Modeler to join our Overwatch art team in Irvine, California. In this role you will use your modeling and surfacing skills to bring new characters and creatures to life and expand the horizons of Overwatch.
Your broader experience with game development and the character pipeline will help you work collaboratively with designers, concept artists, technical artists and animators to ensure that you are always putting gameplay first when it comes to developing amazing characters.
In short, you’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly epic and immersive game experience.
Sound fun? If you’re up to the challenge of helping realize the next epic Blizzard title, we want to hear from you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon and texture game assets
- Couple hand crafted techniques and next-gen materials to achieve our unique style.
- Feeling comfortable to operate in an open and iterative production environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in character modeling using Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- An exceptional understanding of sculpting form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
- Great eye for light, shading, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivation, outstanding communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with every department of a game development team (game designers, programmers, tech art, animation, etc.)
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- Passion for video games
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character artist
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.