Project Director, Blizzard Video (Temporary)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Project Director, Blizzard Video (Temp)Requisition ID:
Team Name: Video & Post-Production
Job Title: Project Director, Blizzard Video (Temp)
A project director within Blizzard Video, which is part of the Story & Franchise Development (SFD) team, oversees the creative development and production of engaging video content for Blizzard Entertainment game franchises, marketing teams, and other organizational departments. The project director is a leader, artist, strategist, and ambassador all in one.
As a project director, you will act as an internal and external liaison, engaging with project stakeholders to identify objectives and generate strategic creative solutions to achieve our client’s goals. The project director works with a team of editors, artists and producers to guide projects from discovery and strategic development and ideation, to production, post-production and delivery. The project director works under the direction of the creative director and works towards the completion of day-to-day projects while also supporting and contributing to the success of departmental initiatives.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Act as creative lead for assigned projects, partnering with managers, clients, directors, producers, film crews, editors, artists, and sound designers to produce a finished product of the highest quality.
- Direct and contribute to the success of all manner of video production, including the capture of live action, game capture, interviews, development processes, events/conventions, motion capture, b-roll and more.
- Collaborate closely with film, editorial and game capture teams to craft compelling content that leverages the best practices and cutting-edge techniques unique to each discipline.
- Work with the creative director to develop custom creative pitches for incoming project requests as well as potential projects and initiatives that represent growth and business opportunities.
- Lead pitch meetings with confidence and clarity, applying tactful but effective salesmanship to communicate the efficacy and merit of each conceptual approach, as supported by research and strategy.
- Develop a clear creative vision for each project and direct a multidisciplinary team to align with your perspective and effectively collaborate to achieve your unique vision.
- Maintain communication with all stakeholders and team members to ensure a project’s creative trajectory is consistent with the strategy and objectives outlined in the pitch and pivot when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in design, film, media, communications, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a director, creative director, associate creative director or creative manager at a game company, advertising agency, or branded content production company.
- Masterful proficiency with computers and creative desktop publishing tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Impressive portfolio featuring a wealth of high-quality, high-impact strategically informed video content for a variety of well-known brands and disparate demographic audiences.
- Experience managing a range of creative positions in a content creation pipeline, such as writers, directors, camera operators, lighting/gaffers, editors, producers, motion graphics artists, production designers, art directors and copywriters.
- Gaming industry experience.
- Editorial and/or directorial experience.
- A passion for Blizzard games and franchises.
- A passion for video games, animation, movies, graphic novels, comics, or books.
- Professional experience as a filmmaker, designer, illustrator, animator, or motion graphics artist.
- Knowledge of the business side of the content-creation industry.
Required Application Materials:
- Online portfolio site or demo reel (with breakdowns) showcasing the ability to perform the role and responsibilities and meet the skill requirements as defined above.
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.