3D Art Generalist - Mobile (Unannounced Project)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Unannounced ProjectJob Title:
3D Art Generalist - Mobile (Unannounced Project)Requisition ID:
We are looking for a 3D art generalist who is excited to use their diverse skill set to bring to life stunning environmental scenes that delight our players. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you! Our team values creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to quality, and we are searching for likeminded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
Our ideal 3D art generalist can generate assets using their strong hand-painted-texturing skills and has a willingness to tackle light FX, animation, and rigging tasks. You would use this diverse skill set to author new assets, problem-solve, and combine existing assets in support of creating environmental scenes that are both beautiful and performant.
- Create hand-painted 3D and 2.5D props and environmental assets
- Own and maintain environmental scenes in-engine by implementing internal and outsourced artwork into the game client using Unity3d, Git, and Perforce
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and tech artists to support new features
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- 3+ years creating environmental assets for animation, film, or video games
- Ability to demonstrate strong hand-painted-texture skills
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color, and details, and for using them to create game assets
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including form, shape, composition, and design, and how they relate specifically to game development
- The ability to work well within a highly collaborative team of passionate developers
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Animation and/or FX experience
- ZBrush sculpting experience
- Technical skills such as rigging or shader work
- Mobile game experience
- Unity Experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.