Senior Lighting Artist - Overwatch 2
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Lighting Artist - Overwatch 2Requisition ID:
Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch team is looking for a talented senior lighting artist to join our world-class development team. This role will work closely with both our Art and Game Graphics leads to help create the compelling and epic environments that Overwatch is known for.
The ideal candidate will possess and exceptional understanding of how light, shadow, and color create environmental tone as well as work to guide the player and possess a thorough understanding of real-time game lighting. This position requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting levels for gameplay based on personal vision as well as conceptual illustrations.
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
- Partner with our graphics and tools engineers to help drive the evolution of our lighting tools and pipelines.
- Work closely with the art, tech art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives.
- Anticipate and work well within different production and technical constraints and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
- A minimum of 4 years game development experience, lighting a variety of in-game environments.
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods.
- Thorough understanding of real-time lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, sub surface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions).
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team player.
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a lighting artist
- Familiar with 3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop and 3rd party lighting tools
- Passionate gamer with experience playing a wide range of video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.