Transaction Fraud Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year and Stripe continues to build and improve products to support its users in the most effective ways.
Stripe is looking for a senior leader and manager to help protect its users from all forms of transaction fraud across different payment methods and transaction types. This leader’s goal will be to make Stripe’s payments ecosystem safer by relentlessly improving Stripe’s primary fraud protection product (Radar) and bolstering other base controls for transaction fraud, such as detection models, operational processes, and user facing flows. They will also be responsible for significantly expanding a team of transaction fraud experts, working closely with Engineering on product strategy, and engaging with some of our largest users on how to improve their fraud rates.
- Establish close relationships with and work with key partners across product, engineering, data science and business teams to develop strategies for improving the Radar Product
- Develop long term plans and a strategy for mitigation of transaction fraud across Stripe’s full suite of products (payment processing, issuing, banking) and transaction types (credit cards + local payment methods)
- Identify the top user pain points across all user segments and work with product to define product improvement opportunities
- Help define the user experience strategy for Radar across different user cohorts
- Build relationships with Financial Partners and ensure that we are meeting external partner obligations for transaction fraud management in areas like chargeback monitoring and card testing
- Manage complicated escalations and incidents and quickly execute remediation strategies
- Regularly communicate project and metric updates to members of the Stripe leadership team
- Expand and lead a global team of transaction fraud experts
We are looking for someone with:
- Thought leadership capabilities in the risk management space and strong product sense
- Long term strategic thinking skills and the ability to convert strategies into inspiring objectives and clear metrics-based key results
- A user first mindset and empathy for the challenges faced by our users
- Strong stakeholder management and execution skills
- Comfort navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across organizations and regions
- Strong professional experience in risk management, including experience in building risk focused detection and actioning systems
- An analytical approach to decision-making
- You are data-driven, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions
- People management experience and the ability to foster a supportive and strongly functioning team environment
- Proven track record of growing teams effectively
Nice to haves:
- You are comfortable using SQL to answer business questions
- You have experience in managing teams with a global and/or remote presence
Your application has been successfully submitted.