This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
To meet these changes, we are rapidly–introducing new initiatives and teams, developing strategies that will scale alongside the new challenges we’re facing, and building out a recruiting organization to support the growth. We are hiring our first Toronto-based Technical Recruiter to drive our newly minted expansion efforts in Canada. Many of our greatest challenges have yet to be solved, so we’re looking for a consultative and creative recruiter to help grow and scale our engineering teams.
As one of the early recruiters in Toronto, you can expect high impact and wide-ranging responsibility: owning full-cycle recruiting, driving hiring strategy, leading first-in-kind searches, strong partnership with cross functional teams, and delivering best-in-class candidate experience. This person must be a builder who thrives in a learning environment—unafraid to try new things, embrace new ideas, and welcome suggestions for how we can iterate on our processes.
- Establish the recruiting presence and foundations of Stripe’s first office in Canada
- Drive initiatives to build brand awareness and talent mapping in a new market
- Partner with senior leaders across the organization to understand their hiring objectives and develop team recruiting strategies to hit headcount goals
- Help initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing recruiting strategy Track and analyze metrics and report on hiring progress to business leadership on a regular cadence
- Concentrate on creating strategic plans for sourcing candidates with diverse backgrounds for each of your roles
- Work closely with cross-functional teams like Finance, People Ops, Benefits, Onboarding and Legal to deliver a high-quality and holistic candidate experience
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A passion for building teams and delivering exceptional candidate experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Proven abilities to attract passive senior candidates and build a diverse pipelines
- An active and data driven approach to problem solving; you enjoy making sense of the trends and using the insights to better your process to make it more efficient
- A growth mindset and truly flexible. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change (At a fast-growing startup, they often do)
- An interest in working in a cross-functional and fluid environment, the ability to learn quickly, and no desire to take yourself too seriously (a wry sense of humor is always appreciated!)
Your application has been successfully submitted.