Risk Partnerships, Acquiring
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a strategic and highly cross-functional individual to join Stripe’s Risk Partnerships team leading our engagements with our top acquiring banks within the Americas.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
As Stripe continues to develop innovative products that serve businesses of all sizes around the world, risk will increase in complexity and scale. Joining the Risk Partnerships team, you will play a critical role in the company’s financial and partnership health, enabling Stripe’s growth while partnering with internal and external stakeholders to understand and mitigate against key risks.
- Manage key risk relationships with our top acquiring banks across the Americas, including building relationships, understanding partner requirements, and advocating for Stripe’s users or product teams
- Drive discussions with acquiring banks on the applicability of their restricted / prohibited business lists or network operating rules and regulations
- Build a close partnership with our Financial Partnerships team to drive and represent risk objectives
- Develop relationships and work with partners across product, engineering and business teams to prioritize, scope and roll out launches
- Manage top priority user escalations with acquiring banks
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience working with Payments Network rules of Visa and/or Mastercard
- Merchant supportability experience with acquiring banks
- Experience in managing day to day risk across a variety of internal and external partners
- Strong stakeholder management skills including navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across organizations and borders
- An analytical approach to decision-making - you are analytical, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions.
- Demonstrated project management skills and a proven track record for building and scaling programs from the ground up
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills and the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly to all audiences
- 10+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years of experience in external partner-facing roles
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in one of the following: Card network rules and regulations or Merchant acquiring
Your application has been successfully submitted.