Product Marketing Manager, Payments
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Help define and amplify the Stripe story and connect our products with users.
Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
We’re looking for a Product Marketer to help lead product marketing of Stripe’s Payments platform. You’ll work with Product and Engineering to define our payments roadmap, tell our payments product narrative, bring new payments products to market, and grow awareness and adoption of our payments capabilities across channels.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborates across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Optionally, knowledgeable about payments. You have an understanding of the network of partners and stakeholders in the payments ecosystem, and are excited about telling the story of how Stripe’s platform is differentiated within this space
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with our Analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning, etc.)
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Help enable user-facing teams at Stripe—from Sales and User Operations to local teams in other countries
- Work with the Finance and Product teams to set pricing that aligns to the product value proposition and with our users’ success
- Partner with the Product and Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, adapting your understanding of local market needs, competitors, and pricing accordingly
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 3-5 years of marketing or go-to-market experience
- Experience working on marketing or growth throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Experience working in B2B settings and with sales teams is preferred
- Experience in payments or financial services is preferred but not required
- We don’t expect you to have all these things (but the more the merrier!)
Your application has been successfully submitted.