Product Designer (Remote USA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet, and that opportunities are not equally distributed throughout the world. We also think building and growing a business online is a problem rooted in code, language, and design—not finance.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our growing Design team.
The design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
- Specialize in one of our core product areas and work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for that product
- Work with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Work closely with designers on your team to develop and expand product design systems
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Focus on what you do best — whether that’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs, or code—and you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and project teams
- Partner closely with our user research team and support ongoing research projects
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Have experience designing for business and developer-focused products
- Keep pushing your work until all details are attended to
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Are an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until is pixel-perfect
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of Stripe
- Have 5+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
You might work on:
- Dashboard — Tools, features, and settings to run a business on Stripe
- Atlas — Help entrepreneurs around the world start an internet business
- Radar — Modern tools to help beat fraud
- Checkout and Elements — The best payment flow, on web and mobile
- Documentation — Organize and explain complex concepts and help people integrate with Stripe
- Mobile experiences across web, iOS, and Android
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
Your application has been successfully submitted.